Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Salt dough Ornaments

I've always loved Christmas - even as an atheist - but as an adult with two small children, it's much more about the lead up to Christmas that I enjoy now. I love holiday baking/cooking and Christmas crafts. Yesterday C and I started the Christmas time activities. I made a giant red and green Christmas chain that hangs from one side of the living room to the other. We also made gingerbread cookies and salt dough ornaments. 

C loved using the cookies cutters and the rolling pin. 

 GINGERBREAD COOKIES
gingerbread "spidermen" 
(I'm not sure why she was calling the man cookie cutter a "spiderman")

SALT DOUGH ORNAMENTS

1 cup salt
1 cup flour
1 cup water (roughly)

Mix together with hands, roll out, cut shapes and bake at 100 degrees C for about 6 hours

I used a bit of sea salt in my dough because I wanted it too look a bit like snow but I think I would do without next time. 


We haven't finished painting them yet. I painted a few last night to make sure that they looked alright with the sea salt in them. I think painting these will be a weekend Xmas project. 

Hope you'll be enjoying the Holiday season with crafts and baking too! 

xoxo









1 comment: