Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Banana Kale Smoothies



I’ve been making a conscience effort to make foods with less simple carbs because we really eat too many. We've been eating a lot more whole grains and vegetables. I've even adapted my fried rice recipe to be fried buckwheat (which I'll be posting soon). Anyway, I decided to make banana kale smoothies the other day. When I was working on the Reservation I made these all the time before work and I made them a few times while I was pregnant but I hadn’t made them for many months. I really wanted something healthy to fill me up and we had left over kale from these yummy lentil burgers.

Banana Kale Smoothies

1 banana
1 cup of chopped kale (or however much you think you’d like)
1 tsp flaxseed meal
1 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
½ cup to 1 cup Soymilk or any milk alternative (I like my smoothies so thick that I have to eat them with a spoon but add lots more milk if you like a thinner consistency)

Put banana, kale, flax meal and agave nectar in blender and turn on, begin pouring in milk until it’s blended and to the consistency of your liking. Enjoy! J



We’re all getting over a cold here. Having a sick baby is so awful. She had a fever for two days and wasn’t sleeping at all. She still has a runny nose but is generally happy again and is sleeping very well.

I’ve been sewing a bit again and Brett and I went to a local play over the weekend. It was a play written by Steve Martin called Picasso at the Lapin Agile, I enjoyed it more than Brett, I think, but we both had a great time.

We’ve been busy with normal stuff but nothing too exciting has been happening. We’re looking in to a holiday in New Zealand but we’re not sure we can make it work and still be able to go back to America in November. We’ll see I suppose.

xo
Wearing one of my old sleepers :) 

Playing FIFA with Dad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment